When I was pregnant with my daughter, I was given the super power of being able to detect smells from far off places. Not that I thought it was super power at the time. More like a nauseating inconvenience that would have me designing intricate ways to seal all gaps in my home and stop the source of these offensive scents entering my home.
An impossible task.
Instead, I suffered through nine months of motion sickness and nausea.
If I had only known the powers of Lavandula Angustifolia Oil, or Australian Lavender Essential Oil.
Used For Over 2,500 Years
You may have heard about the power of lavender, but you don’t have to grow lavender to know that the scent can transport you away from the chaos and stress of every day life, calm babies to sleep or heal scarring.
The beautiful purple flowering and sweet fragranced Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) plant has been used for over 2,500 years ago by the ancient Persians, Greeks, Egyptians and Romans. Brought to Australia in the 1920s, Lavender has been thriving in the cool climate of Tasmania and has significant benefits beyond the visual.
15 Reasons to Love Lavender
- Better Sleep – Getting eight hours of sleep a night is something many of us can only dream of. Suffering from insomnia and the struggle to fall sleep is a very real problem in modern day life. This is where Lavender shines. Inhaling the scent of lavender can induce a sense of relaxation that increases deep sleep and reduced waking during the night. A good nights sleep, helps you wake revived and feeling energised the next day. Lavender can be found in Kadee Botanicals Hydrating Day & Night Cream, perfect to be used before bed to help with better sleep.
- Reduce Headaches – Headaches caused by stress is a common phenomena. Who hasn’t experienced a stress headache caused by the many daily demands of life? The smell of lavender, with its analgesic, anti-inflammatory properties, can help temporarily relieve the symptoms of stress headaches. Using Kadee Botanicals Hand Cream, and inhaling the scent of lavender, can help banish that stress headache, while nourishing your hands.
- Children’s sleep – You know that time of day when you need to get the kids to bed, but they’re grumpy and resistant to sleep? No need to suffer through that experience when you have lavender nearby. As the smell and memory centres of the brain are so close together, the scent of lavender can create positive feelings around falling asleep and help set up good bedtime patterns for life. Adding a bedtime routine that includes a relaxing bath, followed by massaging Kadee Botanicals Body Lotion, that includes lavender, is the ideal way to calm their resistance and help them relax.
- Reduce Anxiety – With so much connectivity and demands of life, feelings of anxiety have been on the rise. The scent of lavender helps alleviate anxiety. A study at a dental reception showed that the lavender scent helped reduce patient anxiety. Using Kadee Botanicals Hand Cream, and inhale the relaxing scents, when feelings of anxiety arise.
- Ease Nausea – Lavender has been known to help relieve the feeling of nausea brought upon by stress or anxiety. When used topically, the linalool and linalyl acetate, found in lavender oil is absorbed quickly through the skin to calm to central nervous system. The scent when inhaled affects the brains amygdala and hippocampus and helps to calm. With its antispasmodic effects, lavender is a natural go to for easing nausea.
- Alleviate Premenstrual tension – Most women experience premenstrual tension (PMT) once a month with symptoms such as pain, irritability, moodiness, low energy, bloating and anxiety. The use of lavender can help to alleviate the symptoms of PMT. Inhaling the lavender scent found in the Kadee Botanicals Hydrating Day & Night Cream, as part of your daily skincare routine, can help.
- Reduce Pain – As an anti-inflammatory and analgesic, lavender has been known to relieve mild to moderate pain, including osteoarthritis pain, back pain, shoulder pain, period pain, neck pain and cramping. Used as a massage, the lavender oil in Kadee Botanicals Body Lotion, can help with relieving pain.
- Combat infections and bacteria – Lavender has been a known for its antimicrobial benefits for centuries and used topically on bacterial and fungal infections. Combined with tea tree, clove and cinnamon oil, its microbial activity is enhanced.
- Treating Eczema – An embarrassing skin condition, the itching caused by eczema can be alleviated using the powers of lavender. Used topically, lavender has the ability to reduce itching and add moisture to decongest the irritated skin and promote healing of the affected skin. Use Kadee Botanicals Body Lotion, that includes lavender, to help alleviate the symptoms of eczema.
- Treat Acne Scarring – The natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of lavender make it an ideal addition to treat pimples and minor acne. Antiseptic properties in lavender are great for getting rid of acne and fighting the bacteria that causes acne and inflammation. The lavender found in Kadee Botanicals Hydrating Day & Night Cream, may help with treating acne.
- Healing wounds and reducing scar tissue – Lavender oil can help with healing minor wounds by helping the wound to contract and speed up the repair process. The circulation boosting effects of lavender make it perfect to reduce the appearance of stretch marks and scars. Massage Kadee Botanicals Body Lotion to help fade scars and repair skin.
- Detoxify Skin – Being exposed to environmental pollutants and toxins is an everyday occurrence resulting in poor skin health. The powerful anti-oxidants found in lavender can fight the harmful the harm caused by pollution and inhabit the growth of skin bacteria
- Relieve Sunburn – With its antiseptic and antimicrobial properties, lavender can help with healing skin. This is particularly helpful during the summer months where sunburn and peeling sore skin can be a real problem. Combined with the cooing effects of aloe vera, lavender can help relieve sunburn.
- Promotes Hair Growth – Studies have shown that lavender can be used as a hair growth promoting agent and help grow hair and improve hair loss. The circulation benefits of lavender to the scalp may help prevent dandruff and reduce alopecia.
- Treat Head Lice – A common and annoying problem associated with school age children, head lice is the bane of many parents existence. The scent of lavender, combined with tea tree oil, helps to repel lice and prevent infestation. Perfect when you want to use a natural repellent for children.
The powerful benefits of lavender can be experienced in all Kadee Botanicals skincare.